Thursday, March 5, 2015

BLOOD CAKE Recipe!

In the spirit of good books (and good FOOD), I'm presenting my super simple recipe for what I call "Blood Cake."

It's deliciously sinful, not a damn bit nutritious, but it'll go quick...so you can forget about the guilt in a day or two.

Vampires like it, and so will you.

Here's what you do:

Spray the bottom of a cake pan lightly with cooking oil to prevent sticking.



Dump a jar of Maraschino cherries on the bottom (with the juice).



Dump a box of chocolate cake mix over the cherries.



Pour cola (I use diet cherry cola on mine, not that it saves on calories that much).

Bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 min (until you can pull a toothpick out without it being wet with cake mix).

That's it. Blood Cake.




2 comments:

  1. This might be interesting if I like marachino cherries. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you could sub the cherries for frozen strawberries and it would be just as delicious. :-)

      Delete