Tuesday, April 21, 2020

New Blog Series: Tell Me a (Ghost) Story

So it's been a long, long hiatus from the writing world, but I'm diving back into it - just in time for a quarantine!

Coming in just 2 weeks is a new blog series (same SCARY GOOD page - do subscribe!) following real-life stories of hauntings. I'm particularly excited about Part I, entitled A Simple Home.




Here's a little teaser:

There were wind chimes hanging on the front porch, swaying softly, adding extra charm to what we knew would be our home. The backyard was big enough that I knew we'd be able to add a swing-set for our son.

Nothing about this modest ranch seemed odd or alarming; in fact, I remember having an argument with my husband because I was so in love with this old farmhouse north of town. Maybe it was a money pit, but I loved the arched doorways and big, open kitchen. He hated how large it was, and hell, even made a joke that it looked like it was haunted.

He convinced me to downsize my dream home in the name of logic (and finances). So the little ranch crept its way up our list until it was the one. 

So we went with simplicity - something affordable that we could gradually upgrade. The whole process was effortless - the buying, the closing, the moving. Looking back, maybe that should have been a red flag that something was wrong. No move is ever perfect, but this one truly was. Even with a four year-old clutching my waist.

Had you asked me at the time about stepping into the unknown all because of a simple home, I would have laughed. Life was good back then. And it was for a while even after we settled in (right after the holidays, believe it or not). That summer, though, was the season that changed everything. I quickly went from skeptic to believer.



STAY TUNED FOR PART I: If you're looking for a good read, check out my AMAZON PAGE!


No comments:

Post a Comment